Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Future of phones!!

The development of a tiny new video projector has recently been announced by Switzerland’s Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne (EPFL) via its spin-off company, Lemoptix. The projector is said to be smaller in area than a credit card, with a projection head measuring one cubic centimeter. Developers of the device foresee it becoming commercially available in smartphones, laptops and digital cameras, with industrial applications including possible use in operating rooms.

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for all these tech updates!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't see a real use for this but I'm here to show my support. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meh, cool but coolness just for the sake of coolness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know when id ever use my phone as a projector but the fact that this technology can be implemented in something as small as a phone is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very cool, i wish it was here today :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. when this happens I will break down and purchase a smartphone

    ReplyDelete
  7. just starting out. follow me bro, i'm already following you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Supporting and following! Please return the favor :)

    http://anon408.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha we picked the same background. I put the text on the left side though.

    Pretty kickass phone, although I imagine the projection quality will be as terrible as my camera phone is at everything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait for this to be on phones, if they could project a keyboard as well that would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete